If the Claim this ad link is available on the front area, any sponsor, visitor or new user can claim the listing. After a user claims a listing the sitemgr can either deny their claim to the listing or approve it. The sitemgr's approval gives the user full control over the listing.
If the listing does not have an account and it is not available to claim, you can edit the listing and check the box Disable claim feature for this listing. The Claim this ad link will be turned off for this listing.
Yes, you must use the format of the sample .csv. The data fields in the .csv that you upload must be in the same order as the sample template format. If the data is not in the correct format order your data will not be imported correctly.
If you want that each item has its own account, then the file has to have a different account username for each item. But if the items have the same account associated in the file, they will be imported to the same account. If you plan on uploading many items to the same account, we suggest doing a separate import for that sponsor account's items; use the import settings to import your items to a specific account.
Please be specific when you are spelling text for your location fields. For example, if you import two items for the State of New York, and on an item you write NewYork, and on the other one you write New York, both States will appear in the advanced search dropdowns into the directory and each would need to be updated with your meta information for each location.
Please be specific when you are spelling text for your category fields. If an item has the Arts & Entertainment category and the other one has Arts and Entertainment, both categories will appear in the item search dropdown fields, in the item browse by category area, and in the browse categories area on your item results pages.
Invalid Usernames/Passwords will not be imported. Username needs to be a valid e-mail between 4 and 80 characters with no spaces. The Password needs to have a min of 4 chars and max of 50 chars and it does not allow special chars. If you are trying to import multiple items to the same account in your .csv but are using different passwords for each line in your .csv the import for the additional items will have problems. You may find it easier to use the Import Settings to upload multiple items to the same account.
If the username is empty, the item will be imported without account. That means that the item is a no owner item. If you are importing listings, this is a quick and easy way to use the claim feature on many listings.
The import will add the new items to database without deleting existing items. The friendly url will be different for each items. NOTE: if you want the items to be updated instead of create a new one, you must check the option Update items alike in the Import Settings. The fields Listing ID (or Event ID) and Legacy ID in your CSV file must match with the values in your eDirectory, and the field Updated Date must be higher than the actual value in the system.
To import listings for future customers to claim the listings on the front of the directory with sitemgr approval, please import the listing information and leave the .csv fields associated with the account empty.
You can roll back a finished or stopped import. All the accounts and items imported will be removed, but for security reason the categories and locations imported will remain in the directory.
NOTE: If your Item Scalability is turned on, a task will be scheduled to roll back your data.
To rollback imported data, click on the Rollback button on the Import Log section and follow the rollback process. Be sure to click on the Rollback button to do your rollback in the import log. Clicking the Delete icon will delete the log of the import. If a log is deleted you can not roll it back.
Listing Badges allow you to designate listings with certain images of your choice. For example, if you want to mark a listing as Editor's Choice, you can upload your own icon, and mark (on the listing form) the listings you want to display the icon. You can also give members access to select the badges themselves by checking the box. For example you may want a Pet Friendly option that members can use to add to their listings.
At the site manager area you can see the general data (related to all sites) at the top menu. And the data for each specific site you can see at the left menu, by changing the site at the drop-down list.
You can charge an additional price per listing type, select the detail layout, rename common fields (example: Restaurant Name instead of Listing Title), add new fields (checkboxes, dropdowns, text fields, short description fields and long descritpion fields) and select which of them will be required.
PS: This feature isn't available for themes Real Estate and Dining Guide.
Only the diamond listing/event level has the video feature by default. You can enable video for others levels by going to Settings - Manage Levels.
To add video to an item, you need to insert the video embed code in the item form in the Video Snippet Code field.
On the Import Settings section in the Settings area of the sitemgr, you can setup some import options:
1. The import file comes from export section: If you export a CSV file from the Export section and want to import this file, you must check this option.
2. Enable all imported items as Active: If you want all the imported items to be active you must check this option.
3. Update items alike: If you want to update an existing item in your eDirectory you must check this option.
4. Start import automatically after the CSV file has been uploaded: If you do not want to approve any import after upload the CSV file you must check this option.
5. Import all new categories as featured: If you want all the imported categories to be featured you must check this option.
6. Default Level for imported items without level: If the file has items without an assigned level, you must define which level they will be imported into.
7. Import items to the same account: If you want all items to be imported to the same account you must choose the account.
If you forget your password, please click on the 'Forgot your Password?' link of the front of the directory or on the sponsor login page. The password recovery email will be sent to the email address provided from your Contact Information. The email will contain a link which will redirect the user to the 'Manage Account' section, where the password can be updated.
After you are logged in, click on 'Manage account' link, you will see the Current Password field, type your current password in this field and your new password on the fields Password and Retype Password, then hit the submit button.
With the Click to Call & Send to Phone feature your directory can send text messages to the users with the main information about your listing. Also, the users can contact directly the listing owners just clicking in the Click to Call button. You just need to create a Twilio account and upgrade it after you finish your free credits.
To sign up as a sponsor go to the 'Advertise With Us' link at top menu, select an item and level and click in 'SIGN UP' button. Fill out all fields, write down your username and password for future reference, choose the best payment gateway for you and follow the steps to finish the process.
To sign up as a visitor go to 'CREATE YOUR PROFILE' at top of site, fill out all fields and click in 'SUBMIT'.
If you don't already have a Facebook App ID and App Secret for your site, create an application with the Facebook Developer application. Note: Even if you have created an application and received an App Secret, you should review steps 4 through 7 and make sure your application settings are appropriate.
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click in + Create New App to create a new application.
2. Enter a name for your application in the App Display Name field.
3. Agree to the Facebook Platform Policies, then click Continue.
4. Enter the Security Check words, then click Submit.
5. On the Settings tab > Basic, take note of the App ID and App Secret, you'll need this shortly.
6. Still on the Settings tab, click on Website and set Site URL to the top-level directory of the site which will be implementing Facebook Connect (this is usually your domain, e.g. http://www.example.com , but could also be a subdirectory). If your site is going to implement Facebook Connect across a number of subdomains of your site (for example, http://foo.example.com and bar.example.com), you need to enter a App Domain (which would be example.com in this case).
7. You can include a logo that appears on the Facebook Connect dialog. On the Settings tab > Basic, click Edit on the image next your App Name and browse to choose an image file. Your logo must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG format. If the image is larger than 75x75 pixels, it will be resized and converted, then click Save Changes.
8. Copy the App ID and App Secret and paste it on Setting > Sign In Options of your directory.
A favicon (short for favorites icon) is a file containing one small icon, most commonly 16×16 pixels, associated with a particular Web site. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page's favicon in the browser's address bar and next to the page's name in a list of bookmarks. Also, the ones that support a tabbed document interface typically show a page's favicon next to the page's title on the tab. By using a favicon your users can identify your directory web site in a list of others web sites.
In banner level cases, all items already registered of this level will keep showing on the front of the directory until their expiration. Otherwise these items will be treated as the 'default level', however, the search order priority and the featured area priviliges will be the same as the disabled level.